Prior Service Security is currently hiring full or part-time unarmed or armed security guards. We prefer prior service military, law enforcement or at least 2 years of experience as a security guard. We are currently seeking security officers to work in the Orange County area.
Due to the nature of the work, all applicants must pass a thorough background check from the Federal Bureau of Investigations and the Department Of Justice. You will also be required to take and pass a drug test and you will be tested randomly throughout the course of your employment.
Prior Service Security also reserves the right to contact your former employers, review your motor vehicle history and any actions in civil or criminal court.
Applicants who pass the initial screening will be enrolled in a rigorous training program in order to receive your state certification. Subjects include public relations, communication, legal limits and liability, crowd control, how to handle workplace violence, CPR and in some cases firearms training.
- Protect property from theft, fire, and accidents.
- Investigate and report accidents, incidents, suspicious activities, safety and fire hazards, and other relevant incidences.
- Implement appropriate security and safety measures to deter and prevent unauthorized entrance into areas containing inventory and prevent theft or diversion of inventory.
- Such other functions as directed by management.
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Possess your own semi-automatic pistol (if armed)
- Military or Law enforcement experience is strongly preferred or
- Minimum of 2 years security experience (required)
- California Guard card with firearm permit (if applying for armed)
- Must have a clean background with no felonies
- Have a working smartphone
- Very reliable transportation
- Customer service experience
- Ability to work days, nights and/or weekend
We take security very seriously, so only those who are truly dedicated to protecting and serving our community will make it through the hiring process. Those that do make it through, will follow in the footsteps of hundreds of fellow veterans who parlayed the skills they learned in the military into a lucrative and exciting, new career.